Wednesday, July 28, 2004
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow; Because He lives all fear is gone; Because I know He holds the future, and life is worth the living, just because He lives."
Did you know that sunshine is absolutely wonderful? Not the harsh glaring kind, but the happy comfortably warm kind... I think I've seen more butterflies today than I have in a long time... at work, driving down old 80, at home... They're just everywhere. The nice cute bright yellow ones, that if they were out over tall grass would blend right in with the wild flowers. You can't help but watch them as they fly somewhat eratically along, randomly changing directions and fluttering as fast as they can move their little wings.
Today started out a kind of blah day, but it's ended up being really wonderful. Everything's just, for one reason or another, happy. Sunshine's happy, clouds are happy, heat's happy, cold's happy... they all contradict, and the contradictions themselves are happy... maybe it's because God's happy... (and no, i haven't o.d. on chocolate :-P i haven't even had any caffiene today)
Mom finally finished the book i bought her for Mother's Day, a day or so ago... don't really remember when.. .but i started reading it this morning. it's interesting..... it's about God's love... something, i've always believed in w/ all of my heart and never quite understood....
"There is such a love, a love that creates value in what is loved. There is a love that turns rag dolls into priceless treasures. There is a love that fastens itself onto ragged little creatures, for reasons that no one could ever quite figure out, and makes them precious and valued beyond calculation. This is a love beyond reason. This is the love of God. This is the love with which God loves you and me." - John Ortberg
anyway, it's a really great book so far.
and tonight, we have an extremely happy lizard, b/c lizard gets a movie night! with shake and julie and who knows who else :) we've only done this one other time this summer, well that, and we all went to see stepford wives in the theatre, but that doesn't count.... anyway, i get to see real people!!!! an actual day where i get to do something other than sit in this house by myself and stare at a computer screen waiting like a vulture :-P for anybody at all to get online so i have someone to talk to... a day where i get to see friends i graduated with... a day where, i get to actually talk to other people, face to face...quite an unusual event for me.... but anyway, i still have an hour to kill before i get to go spend time w/ real flesh and blood people (which means that all persons telling me that i should not be alone in my house all the time right now b/c it's not healthy can relax - i'm leaving and spending time with actual people :) did i mention that yet?)
you know, i thought i was supposed to draw energy from being around people... but i guess just the thought of doing that accomplishes the same thing.
"Where do I go when there's no one else to turn to? Who do I talk to when no one wants to listen? Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable? I go to the Rock I know that's able; I go to the Rock.... Where do I hide til the storms have all passed over? Where do I run to when the winds of sorrow threaten? Is there a refuge in the time of tribulation? When my soul needs consolation, I go to the Rock... I go to the Rock of my salvation, Go to the Stone that the builders rejected, Run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me. The earth all around me is sinking sand; On Christ the solid Rock I stand. When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock."
Did you know that sunshine is absolutely wonderful? Not the harsh glaring kind, but the happy comfortably warm kind... I think I've seen more butterflies today than I have in a long time... at work, driving down old 80, at home... They're just everywhere. The nice cute bright yellow ones, that if they were out over tall grass would blend right in with the wild flowers. You can't help but watch them as they fly somewhat eratically along, randomly changing directions and fluttering as fast as they can move their little wings.
Today started out a kind of blah day, but it's ended up being really wonderful. Everything's just, for one reason or another, happy. Sunshine's happy, clouds are happy, heat's happy, cold's happy... they all contradict, and the contradictions themselves are happy... maybe it's because God's happy... (and no, i haven't o.d. on chocolate :-P i haven't even had any caffiene today)
Mom finally finished the book i bought her for Mother's Day, a day or so ago... don't really remember when.. .but i started reading it this morning. it's interesting..... it's about God's love... something, i've always believed in w/ all of my heart and never quite understood....
"There is such a love, a love that creates value in what is loved. There is a love that turns rag dolls into priceless treasures. There is a love that fastens itself onto ragged little creatures, for reasons that no one could ever quite figure out, and makes them precious and valued beyond calculation. This is a love beyond reason. This is the love of God. This is the love with which God loves you and me." - John Ortberg
anyway, it's a really great book so far.
and tonight, we have an extremely happy lizard, b/c lizard gets a movie night! with shake and julie and who knows who else :) we've only done this one other time this summer, well that, and we all went to see stepford wives in the theatre, but that doesn't count.... anyway, i get to see real people!!!! an actual day where i get to do something other than sit in this house by myself and stare at a computer screen waiting like a vulture :-P for anybody at all to get online so i have someone to talk to... a day where i get to see friends i graduated with... a day where, i get to actually talk to other people, face to face...quite an unusual event for me.... but anyway, i still have an hour to kill before i get to go spend time w/ real flesh and blood people (which means that all persons telling me that i should not be alone in my house all the time right now b/c it's not healthy can relax - i'm leaving and spending time with actual people :) did i mention that yet?)
you know, i thought i was supposed to draw energy from being around people... but i guess just the thought of doing that accomplishes the same thing.
"Where do I go when there's no one else to turn to? Who do I talk to when no one wants to listen? Who do I lean on when there's no foundation stable? I go to the Rock I know that's able; I go to the Rock.... Where do I hide til the storms have all passed over? Where do I run to when the winds of sorrow threaten? Is there a refuge in the time of tribulation? When my soul needs consolation, I go to the Rock... I go to the Rock of my salvation, Go to the Stone that the builders rejected, Run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me. The earth all around me is sinking sand; On Christ the solid Rock I stand. When I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock."
Comments:
Post a Comment